If you’re battling high blood pressure, you’ve probably come across many blood pressure products. Sometimes, too much information is overwhelming. That’s why I’m writing this article and trying to simplify your search. Here are my recommendations to the question, what products are good for high blood pressure?
The following products are good for high blood pressure:
- Resperate Blood Pressure Device
- Welch Allyn 1700 Series Home Blood Pressure Monitor
- Blood Pressure Optimizer
- Omron Gold Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
To help lower blood pressure, I’ve found the products in this article very helpful to me. The first product was shown to lower blood pressure 17 mmHg, therefore keep reading and find out how.
Disclaimer: Some links in this article are affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Resperate Blood Pressure Device
Resperate is the only non-drug medical device approved by the FDA. In addition, the American Heart Association approves of it 1 and it has been shown in numerous studies to lower blood pressure 2. You may be asking, what is Resperate?
Resperate is an electronic device containing breathing technology. It guides your breathing by slowing it down and prolongs exhalation. It consists of the following:
- Computerized unit.
- Breathing sensor and belt which wraps around the waist.
- Storage Bag.
- Four AA batteries included.
How It Works
The belt sensors your breathing and the computer sends tones through the earbuds. You make breathing adjustments by following the tones. If your breathing doesn’t follow the tones, the machine will adjust the tones and begin the slow breathing process again.
It takes 15 minutes per day and it’s recommended to use four times per week, although you can use it daily. The breathing pattern is meant to open blood vessels and reduces blood pressure. Within three to four weeks, users have shown a significant, lasting reduction in blood pressure.
Deep, slowed breathing has been shown in clinical research to lower blood pressure. After a total of seven clinical trials, the Resperate device lowered blood pressure by an average 14 mmHg systolic and 8 mmHg diastolic.
The only part of the Resperate I don’t like is the earbuds. They don’t stay in my ears properly but I have the same issue with many earbuds. I use my own which fits my ears better.
Resperate can be purchased from their website where you can take a closer look at it. Visit and learn its current price by clicking the button right below.
Resperate Website Check Price
2. Welch Allyn 1700 Series Home Blood Pressure Monitor
While a blood pressure monitor doesn’t lower high blood pressure, it sure plays a huge role in lowering it. Every medical expert recommends a home monitor as part of a blood pressure plan.
The company, Welch Allyn, is based in the United States and has been in business over 100 years. The next time you’re in a doctor’s office or hospital, take a look at the blood pressure equipment. Almost every time it will be Welch Allyn’s equipment.
With the 1700 Series monitor, you can get hospital grade technology in your home. The SureBP technology used in the 1700 Series is the same used in their hospital grade products. It measures your blood pressure while the cuff is inflating, making it the fastest home monitor on the market.
The Welch Allyn 1700 comes with the following:
- BP cuff
- Four AA batteries
- Instruction booklet
Accuracy is more important than all the bells and whistles and the 1700 Series doesn’t disappoint 3. I immediately took it to the doctor’s office and had them check it for accuracy against their device. It was within 1 mmHg and every time since, I have received similar comparisons. I’ve owned it for almost four years.
In clinical studies, the Welch Allyn 1700, was more accurate than other home monitors, including the Omron 10 Series. The study examined the monitors under less than perfect conditions like excess arm movement 4.
It’s well built and the design is better than most. The display doesn’t have the grey on grey coloring which can be difficult to read. Instead, it has a black background and blue and green digits which really stand out. Even looking at an angle, it’s easy to read.
The monitor comes with one standard size cuff but there are extra small and large cuffs available to purchase if needed. The size range of the cuffs are more than other home monitors available online. This is important for people who may have a larger diameter upper arm than others.
App & Users
The phone app is easy to install and connect to the monitor with bluetooth. Your past readings are available in list or charts and there’s an option to email or text it to others, like your physician.
The only negative about the monitor is it only supports one user for recording past readings. In addition, it doesn’t come with an ac adaptor for the wall outlet but the batteries are included and they last a long time.
I highly recommend this monitor and it’s the best home monitor I’ve ever owned. Check the current price on Amazon by clicking the button below.
On Amazon Check Price
3. Blood Pressure Optimizer
It can be difficult to get the proper nutrients from daily nutrition. There’s some days when that’s impossible, especially when working a long day. In addition, receiving the proper nutrients that benefit blood pressure can be more challenging.
The Blood Pressure Optimizer can help on those days when eating all the correct food is impossible, although it can be taken daily. It’s manufactured in the United States in an FDA approved approved facility. The Blood Pressure Optimizer formula has existed for 17 years and comes with a one year, 200% satisfaction guarantee.
The 200% means you’ll receive a full refund plus $100 cash back if it doesn’t help promote healthier pressure levels in 30 days.
Blood Pressure Optimizer Website Check Price
Each Blood Pressure Optimizer contains 12 ingredients proven in clinical studies to benefit blood pressure. The following are its ingredients and links to proven studies:
- Potassium: Helps the kidneys balance fluids which prevents excess fluid build-up and has been proven to help lower BP 5.
- Vitamin C: Increases the availability of nitric oxide and helps protect blood vessels from damage 6.
- Calcium: Helps to increase nitric oxide which opens up blood vessels and decreases blood pressure.
- Magnesium blend: Magnesium has been shown to relax blood vessels and decrease the risk of high blood pressure 7.
- Pomegranate extract: Pomegranate contains antioxidants, Vitamin C and potassium, all beneficial for BP. Pomegranate has been shown to lower systolic and diastolic BP 8.
- Celery Seed extract: Celery seed components helps relax and dilate blood vessels which helps improve blood pressure levels 9.
- Grape Seed extract: Rich in flavonoids and polyphenols that help promote blood vessel dilation 10.
- English Hawthorn Berry extract: The extract supports heart muscle function, artery health and improved cardiovascular performance 11.
- Lycopene: It acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent cell damage by free radicals, especially to blood vessels 12.
- L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate: This amino acid has been shown to benefit the heart and circulation because it has the ability to produce nitric oxide 13.
- Vitamin D3: Helps regulate hormones which affects the cardiovascular system. Low levels of D3 is linked to irregular BP levels 14.
- Vitamin B6: Helps to regulate neurotransmitters which transmit nerve signals for blood pressure control 15.
The ingredients contained in Blood Pressure Optimizer can provide the following benefits:
- Maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Relax and open up blood vessels.
- Encourages healthy blood vessels and help prevent hardening of the arteries.
- Maintain the proper water balance and excrete sodium.
- Protect against free radical damage.
The Blood Pressure Optimizer can be purchased from the Dr. Sam Robbins website, Health Fitness Longevity. Check the current price by clicking the button right below.
Blood Pressure Optimizer Website Check Price
4. Omron Gold Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
A wrist blood pressure monitor is sometimes needed in situations when an upper arm cuff is not appropriate. Omron has been in business for over 70 years and mostly sell their products for home use 16. They are the leading online seller of home blood pressure monitors 17.
- Monitor with attached blood pressure cuff.
- Carry case.
- Instruction booklet and quick start guide.
I’ve owned my Omron Gold Wrist monitor, model BP4350, for over one year and have found it to be very accurate. Wrist monitors have a reputation for inaccuracy, therefore this is the most important feature of the Gold Wrist monitor.
I have it checked at my physician’s office for accuracy compared to their measuring device. In addition, I compare it to my upper arm monitor at home which I know is accurate. The Omron Gold is consistently within 2 mmHg.
Features & Technology
Users: The monitor can track two different users 18. Prior to measuring your pressure, slide the user selector to either user one or two.
Memory: The monitor itself will store up to 100 measurements for each user. The phone app can record unlimited measurements.
Heart Zone Guidance: The display has a bar graph with a heart symbol in the middle. When the wrist cuff is at the same height as your heart, the heart symbol lights up blue.
Inflation: The wrist cuff inflates comfortably and is so quiet you can’t hear it inflating.
Irregular Heart Beat Detector: If your heart rate fluctuates out of rhythm more than 25% two different times as its measuring, the symbol will light up.
Morning Average Button: Press this button and your morning average blood pressure for the past four weeks will display.
Movement Error Symbol: If there is excessive arm movement during your measurement, the symbol will appear.
Cuff Tightness Symbol: If the cuff is wrapped too loose during measurement, this symbol will appear.
The phone app can be downloaded for free. After download, you can connect it to your wrist monitor by pressing the bluetooth button. The phone app will store all your blood pressure readings. It’s easy to use and simple to understand.
The app can display your past readings by hour, day, week or month on a graph. In addition, you can read all your past measurements on one list. It allows you to generate 30 day reports which can be saved to your phone or sent by text or email.
I highly recommend the Omron Gold Wrist Monitor monitor. Check the current price on Amazon by clicking the button below.
On Amazon Check Price
For My Detailed Full Review of the Above Products
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Device-guided breathing exercises for the treatment of hypertension: An Overview
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Device-Guided Breathing to Lower Blood Pressure: Case Report and Clinical Overview
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Validation of the Welch Allyn Home blood pressure monitor with professional SureBP algorithm with a special feature of accuracy during involuntary (tremor) patient movement
- Welch Allyn: Home Blood Pressure Monitor Tolerance Clinical Study – Research Summary
- The American Heart Association: How Potassium Can Help Control High Blood Pressure
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Long-term vitamin C treatment increases vascular tetrahjydrobiopterin levels and nitric oxide synthase activity
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Magnesium and hypertension
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Effects of pomegranate juice supplementation on pulse wave velocity and blood pressure in healthy young and middle-aged men and women
- Natural Medicine Journal: A Pilot Study to Evaluate the Antihypertensive Effect of a Celery Extract in Mild to Moderate Hypertensive Patients
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health: Grape Seed Extract
- National Center For Biotechnology Information: Roles and Mechanisms of Hawthorn and Its Extracts on Atherosclerosis: A Review
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: The effect of lycopene on cell growth and oxidative DNA damage of Hep3B human hepatoma cells
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Benefits of L-Arginine on Cardiovascular System
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Plasma 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels and Risk of Incident Hypertension among Young Women
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy – A Review
- Omron: About Us
- Omron: Blood Pressure Monitors
- Omron: Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Comparison Chart